Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation
Open Call for Project Submissions
Lots of people are finding ways to keep themselves entertained, and coming up with activities to make self-isolation a bit more interesting while preventing the spread of Coronavirus.
Iris PhotoCollective would like you to submit your photos, videos, and/or short stories conveying your thoughts, fears, hopes, dreams, or funny anecdotes to the Exile at Home project. The goal is to strengthen our sense of community as we all endure the effects of this global pandemic and to chronicle this essential and devastating event collectively. Selected content will be uploaded onto a unique Iris PhotoCollective website portal and, eventually, become part of an exhibition at the IPC ArtSpace in Miami, FL.
Submit one entry per person to email@example.com.
Deadline August 31, 2020
Submissions are free, and there is no additional cost if selected for the exhibition. Images should be taken with a cell phone camera. Minor adjustments of color, conversion to grayscale, removal of dust, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast, are accepted. No people or objects may be added, rearranged, or removed from a scene. You can submit a photograph, a video, or a written narrative to participate in the Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an image(s), video, or written narrative you attest that you have full authority to enter the submitted content and hold full copyright.
- You attest that you are 18 or older.
- Submissions with watermarks will not be considered.
- Entrants remain the owner of all rights to submitted images, including all copyrights.
- By submitting your image, video, or written narrative, you agree that Iris PhotoCollective (and Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation) may promote your work on their respective websites and social media networks, and you grant Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation and its partners the right to use your submitted content in promotional materials related to the project. All content used in this way, whenever possible, will be duly credited to you.
- If your content is selected for exhibition, film, or publication in the book, such an offer is contingent upon you submitting the original content at the specifications that will be provided by Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation. Failure to provide the file in a timely manner may result in rescinding the offer to exhibit or publish.
- If your content is selected for the exhibition or program, you agree to allow Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation and its partners use your content and display it in a public exhibition. You also agree to allow Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation to offer your printed work for sale, with proceeds split between you and Iris PhotoCollective, according to the terms of an artist’s agreement that must be signed prior to the exhibit.
- If your content is selected to appear in a book, you grant Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation an irrevocable, royalty-free license to publish your image in the book, which may be either a soft or hardcover book published and potentially sold by Iris PhotoCollective. If your content appears in a book, Iris PhotoCollective will provide you one copy of the published book.
- You waive any right to bring any claim against Exile at Home: S. Florida Portraits of Isolation, Iris PhotoCollective, or its partners on the ground that their use of your images constitutes an infringing or otherwise unauthorized use under the laws of any jurisdiction in which your photographs are published under this license.
- Images should be sized at 1600 pixels at its longest length at 100 dpi.
- Videos should be captured using a cell phone only (90 secs max).
- Essays should have a title and are limited to (300 words max).
- By submitting content to this open call, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this call for submissions.